Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
Styled after the Japanese Cook's Knife this blade is just right for preparing not only fine Asian but also Western cuisine.
- Triple riveted, full tang handle
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
- Not dishwasher safe, wash by hand only.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
The jewel of the Wusthof collection the Wusthof Ikon range is recognised by its dark brown hues with distinctive wood grain markings that make each knife unique. Forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength it has an extraordinary sharpness which is easy to maintain.
Triple riveted handle, with a full tang it has been ergonomically developed in consultation with professional chefs. Perfectly balanced, exceptionally sharp and having a seamless, hygenic handle this knife is an extension of your hand. For slicing, mincing and dicing of all kinds of food.
Specifications‐ Collapse this Section
- Forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength.
- Handle made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood) - one of the hardest types of wood in the world.
- All farming is limited to a small quantity and government- controlled
- Special alloyed steel
- Extraordinary sharpness which is easy to maintain
- Perfectly balanced for effortless cutting.
- Seamless; hygienic fit of the handle
- Stainless Triple-riveted handle shells, full tang handle.
- Specially designed bolster.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Exceptionally sharp.
Care Instructions‐ Collapse this Section
Not dishwasher safe, wash by hand only.The IKON knife handles are manufactured from African Blackwood. As a result of its extreme density, minimal porosity and high resin content, this wood species is high insensitive to moisture.
Video‐ Collapse this Section
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 2 reviews
We bought this knife 3 years ago, and it is still razor sharp. The handle is smooth and ergonomically shaped, knife is well balanced and a pleasure to use. The grooves ensure that the blade doesn't "stick" in whatever it is that you are cutting. Exception to that rule is soft cheese, but then this isn't the right tool for the job of cutting soft cheese, is it? Highly recommended.
I would recommend this product to a friend.