South Africa's premier kitchen and homeware store.
Yuppiechef was founded in 2006 by two good friends and only thirty-two products in a lounge in Plumstead, Cape Town. More than a decade later, our simple goal remains: To offer you the best kitchen and home products—and to be the very best at doing it.
Yuppiechef was born from a love of kitchen tools and a passion for cooking.
Yuppiechef emerged out of co-founder Shane Dryden's love for cooking and cool kitchen tools. Way back then the world was getting hooked on Jamie Oliver and the Masterchef television series; we were all learning the difference between ceviche and sous-vide, and we struggled to pronounce "quinoa." Every kitchen was fast becoming 'open-plan' and cooking was finally something for the whole family to enjoy. New Yorker magazine even made the bold statement that, "the kitchen was the man’s new shed."
We launched Yuppiechef to join in this revolution and to make available, for the first time in South Africa, the products and brands that people were seeing on television, but couldn’t always easily get hold of.
We wanted to empower our customers to feel that even if all they could successfully make in their kitchen was a tomato sandwich, at least they could enjoy preparing it with a decent German knife, and serving it proudly on an on-trend slate board.Tools and ingredients don’t turn ordinary people into a Gordon Ramsay, but they can certainly inspire and motivate us to cook and share meals together—and that has always been our ultimate mission as a company.
Today, Yuppiechef is South Africa's premier kitchen and homeware store, stocking 700 of the world's leading brands. From knives, cookware and appliances - to soft furnishings, craft spirits and the finest food ingredients; we've tried, tested and sourced the best quality products we can find, for you—people who really care about cooking, entertaining and hosting at home.
We're looking for talented people to join our team. View jobs at Yuppiechef.
Quality Kitchen & Homeware
We stock over 8,800 products from 700 of the world's leading brands. From knives, cookware and appliances, to soft furnishings, craft spirits and the finest ingredients; we've sourced, tried and tested the best quality products we can find.
Did you know?
Paying on Yuppiechef.com is simple and secure and we deliver by courier throughout South Africa. Our dedicated customer service team is also here to help you every step of the way, you're in good hands.
- SA National Business Awards: Digital Company of the Year Award (Winner) - 2019
- SACSC Retail Design & Development Awards: Best Independent Retailer Store Design (Winner) - 2019
- South African Online Retailer of The Year Awards: Winner - 2018
- South African Tech & E-Commerce Awards: Best Employer (Winner) - 2017
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best E-Commerce Store (Winner) - 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Shopping Process (Winner) - 2015
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Shopping Process (Runner Up) - 2014
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Shopping Process (Winner) - 2013, 2012, 2011
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Customer Service (Runner Up) - 2013
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Website Usability (Runner Up) - 2013
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Design, Standards & Ease of use (Runner Up) - 2012, 2011, 2010
- Bookmarks Awards: E-Commerce Website - Silver Bookmark - 2012
- Bookmarks Awards: Email Marketing - Bronze Bookmark - 2012
- Loeries: Best Digital Viral Campaign - Gold Loerie - 2010 (Woolies Lovebirds Ransom)
- Bookmarks Awards: Digital Viral Campaign - Silver Bookmark - 2010 (Woolies Lovebirds Ransom)
- Bookmarks Awards: E-Commerce Website - Bronze Bookmark - 2010
- Cape Talk Small Business Awards: Finalist - 2010
- South African E-Commerce Awards: Best Food & Home Website - 2009
- Sunday Times Food Awards: Food Entrepreneur of the Year - 2009