Details: 18cm blade
Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
An alternative to the chef's knife. Great for cutting, chopping and mincing vegetables. The blade has a straighter edge than a chef's knife and has a blunted sheepsfoot-tip blade with a thinner spine. It can easily slice thin-boned and boneless meats, fish and vegetables.
The Asian-type knife with broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge will prove popular with many cooks as the cutting process is smooth and effective. Originating in Japan, Santoku means "Three virtues". That's vegetables, meat, and fish - the three types of food most commonly cut in the kitchen.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- The blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance.
- Made of hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance.
- Perfectly balanced knives provide optimal control.
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called Cromova 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for Global.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel.
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handles with signature dimple pattern offer a comfortable, slip-resistant grip.
Care Instructions‐ Collapse this Section
- Hand wash only, in warm soapy water
- After washing, rinse off with warm water and dry thoroughly with a towel
- Global Knives should not be placed in the dishwasher as this can damage the sharp edges of the blade
- In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel
- If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it
- General household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
This was my first Global and I must say it is a brand I enjoy owning. Fits in the hand and is very well balanced whether using a pinch or normal grip. The CROMOVA18 steel is rust resistant and easy to clean however while it can get a sharp cutting edge, it does not hold the edge like harder steels can. Not taking anything away from this knife, as it is a favourite in the kitchen.
I would recommend this product to a friend.