Details: 18cm blade
Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
An alternative to the chef's knife. Great for cutting, chopping and mincing vegetables. The blade has a straighter edge than a chef's knife and has a blunted sheepsfoot-tip blade with a thinner spine. It can easily slice thin-boned and boneless meats, fish and vegetables.
The Asian-type knife with broad blade and especially sharp cutting edge will prove popular with many cooks as the cutting process is smooth and effective. Originating in Japan, Santoku means "Three virtues". That's vegetables, meat, and fish - the three types of food most commonly cut in the kitchen.
All knife measurements are for the blade only, not the handle.
- The blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance.
- Made of hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance.
- Perfectly balanced knives provide optimal control.
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called Cromova 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for Global.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel.
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handles with signature dimple pattern offer a comfortable, slip-resistant grip.
Care Instructions‐ Collapse this Section
- Not dishwasher safe, hand wash with mild detergent
- Hand wash your knife directly after use to prevent staining, food build-up and discolouration
- Don't use corrosive detergents or harmful chemicals when washing your knife
- Dry your knife thoroughly once it’s cleaned to prevent rust spots
- Don't use your knife to chop or slice through frozen food, bones or non-food materials
Warranty Info‐ Collapse this Section
Global knives come with a limited lifetime guarantee and they will repair or replace any Global knife found to have defects in workmanship or materials after thorough inspection. This guarantee assumes proper treatment, care (as outlined in the care instructions) and intended use of the knives and doesn’t include dropping the knife on a hard surface nor normal wear and tear that comes with time and use.
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
This was my first Global and I must say it is a brand I enjoy owning. Fits in the hand and is very well balanced whether using a pinch or normal grip. The CROMOVA18 steel is rust resistant and easy to clean however while it can get a sharp cutting edge, it does not hold the edge like harder steels can. Not taking anything away from this knife, as it is a favourite in the kitchen.
I would recommend this product to a friend.