Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
This premium rooibos from the Wupperthal valley — where the first recorded rooibos farming took place almost 200 years ago — comes beautifully packaged in an ultra-giftable box. The tea itself is a dark rooibos colour and is stronger and naturally sweeter than your average rooibos. With subtle caramel and fruity aromas, it's also high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Only the finest cuts are used in these luxurious pyramid-shaped bags, packed into individual handmade boxes and cartons fulfilled with pride. It's blind-tested and independently verified as the highest quality rooibos.
- The rich anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties ensure that it’s as good for you as it is for the people who grow it
- After harvesting, the wet, green rooibos is weighed in Wupperthal before being transported to the world-class Nieuwoudtville Rooibos processing facility, Wupperthal Rooibos is cut, dried, pasteurised and packaged
- Only the finest cuts are used in these luxurious pyramid-shaped bags, packed into individual boxes and cartons constructed by hand by the employees of Nieuwoudtville Rooibos
- 5% of the wholesale price goes back to the small-scale farmer and 1% to the Wupperthal Community Development Trust to benefit the 1700 inhabitants of Wupperthal
Wupperthal is acknowledged as the epicentre of growing rooibos. Drawing on 8 generations of knowledge to plant, cultivate and harvest this plant without irrigation, fertilisers or pesticides, the sustained organic approach of the members of the Fair Wupperthal Rooibos Cooperative reaps rewards by way of healthy plant size and high yields per hectare. Moreover, their respectful co-existence with their crop has earned these farmers the label of producing the world’s best rooibos – today available under the premium Wupperthal Rooibos 1830 brand.
Specifications‐ Collapse this Section
- Ingredients: Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis)
- Box dimensions: 23cm × 15cm × 15cm
Video‐ Collapse this Section
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section