Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
Just add rice celebrates the rich culinary heritage of Taiwanese South Africans. It will inspire you to try Taiwanese, Chinese and uniquely South African versions of these recipes at home, using local produce and more East Asian ingredients that are available here.
- Delicious, nutritious food on a budget
- Comprehensive list of need-to-have pantry items for cooking Taiwanese and Chinese food
- Ingredients that are available to the South African market, with suggested substitutions
- Essential information on dining etiquette, customs and traditions
- Simple recipes for home cooks
Specifications‐ Collapse this Section
- Dimensions: 260 x 205 x 25mm
- 228 pages
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
3.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
Your blurb said that the recipes would have easily sourced South African product substitutes. I have not found that to be the case. My family does not eat potatoes and I was initially delighted to think I could make differently flavoured rice or noodles in dishes. Short of scouring out-of-the-way outlets, I would be hugely challenged to find the spices, oils or Asian additives suggested.
r /> I am happy the author has found life in South Africa to be rewarding. The publication is otherwise attractively colourful and anecdotally interesting.
I would not recommend this product to a friend.