Large Rounded Liquorice Babsy Floor Basket with Tassels
Free delivery on this item.
Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
This rounded floor basket is inspired by the shapes of the Mbizi collection, but in Mia Melange classic Liquorice colourway. Babsy made the first basket in this design, so they decided to name this basket after her. This basket can be used to store a variety of things: laundry, blankets, towels, scatter cushions, etc. It can also be used in children's nurseries to store toys neatly. Or use this basket as a pot plant holder to add some greenery to your home.
- Made from 100% cotton rope which is carefully sewn together in a coiling technique
- The cotton is grown locally in South Africa by farmers who are members of the Better Cotton Initiate (BCI)
- The black rope is South African sourced multifilament polypropylene which is more durable
- Each basket is handcrafted so the shape of the basket may vary
Mia Mélange aims to create high-quality handcrafted products using the best local materials. Each product is carefully designed and produced with attention to detail. Believing in quality over quantity, handwork is preferred over machine whenever possible. The designs are inspired by a love for nature, texture, natural materials and ancient crafting techniques combined to create modern and functional design. Mia Mélange believes in empowering women and creating opportunities. At the studio in Stellenbosch, a small team of highly valued crafters are carefully trained and given a life skill.
Specifications‐ Collapse this Section
- Dimensions: 40cm D x 45cm H
Features‐ Collapse this Section
- Made In: South Africa
Care Instructions‐ Collapse this Section
Cotton rope products (and the products containing jute):
- Rub with broad adhesive tape, or gently spot clean with a wet cloth and mild hand wash soap.
- It is best for the cotton rope not to get wet. For the best results if the product does need to be washed, please hand wash gently.
- It is also possible to machine wash the smaller rope products. Please ensure the product dries evenly.
- Because of the thickness of the cotton rope, the product may dry slightly yellow. In this case, rewash the product and ensure that it dries evenly and as fast as possible.
- For products made from dyed cotton rope, it is recommended that the dyed rope does not get wet. Dyed rope may run when wet. If the product does need to be washed, please hand wash gently with cold water and ensure that it dries evenly and as fast as possible.
- Extra weight may cause the baskets to sag. If the baskets do start sagging or folding at the bottom, shake the basket out to its original shape and place something inside the basket to push out the folds and maintain the original shape. Items such as towels, blankets or even scatter cushions work well.
- Please make sure that wet laundry is not stored in the cotton baskets.
Multifilament polypropylene or polyester rope products:
- Rub with broad adhesive tape, or spot clean with water and mild soap.
- For the best results if the product does need to be washed, hand wash gently.
- It is also possible to machine wash the smaller rope products. Please ensure that the product dries evenly.
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section