Japanese Tosa Bintochan Charcoal, 2kg
Free delivery on this item.
Code: TOSA 2kg
Product Information- Collapse this Section
Although Japanese grills can be used with any charcoal, Japanese Binchotan is recommended. Known as the king of all charcoals, Yakitori bars all over Japan use it for its clean-burning properties and the amazing aroma and flavour it imparts when grilling. Much harder and denser than ordinary black or lump charcoal, it burns longer and cleaner than regular charcoal and can be reused several times. It's ideal for barbequing and grilling, especially indoors, because it releases little to no smoke and it's completely free from carcinogens and chemicals. Tosa Binchotan is made entirely from Ubame Oak trees grown and processed in Tosa, in the Shikoku region of Japan. Sustainably sourced and made by master producer Mr Yukinobu Harada.
- 100% pure Ubame oak Bintochan charcoal
- Produced in Tosa, Japan
- Perfect for grilling due to its long, steady burning properties
- Tosa Binchotan has a total burn time of up to 4 – 5 hours
- Creates little to no smoke and is chemical and carcinogen free
- Extinguish after use to reuse the charcoal multiple times
Specifications- Collapse this Section
- Weight: 2kg
Care Instructions- Collapse this Section
- Store in a dry area
- Before lighting, place into a hot oven to warm up on a baking or roasting tray
- This will speed up the process of lighting over a flame and reduce any trapped air pockets
- After use, place into water to stop the burning process
- Alternatively place into a Natsume extinguishing pot to starve of oxygen, returning the Binchotan to its original state so it can be used again
View similar categories- Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Here's your chance to write the first review for this product.