6-Year-Old Tawny Cask Whisky, 750ml
Free delivery on this item.
Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
Boplaas 6-Year-Old Tawny Cask Whisky is a single grain whisky that was finished in Tawny Port barrels. This whisky was awarded platinum for best South African Whisky in the Michelangelo awards in 2018.
- This small-batch single grain whisky was matured in ex-bourbon casks and then finished in South African Tawny Port casks
- The multi-layered nose shows fruitcake tinged with winter spices, most notably cloves and cardamom, and highlights of cocoa bean, desiccated figs, rich apricots and raisins
- Bold, rounded and viscous palate, with a pleasant balance of yellow-fruit sweetness
- Oak spice finish that lingers
- Serving suggestion: enjoy neat at 15°C to 17°C, with a block of ice and/or a splash of cool spring water
- Awards: Platinum at 2018 Michelangelo Wine and Spirits Awards, Best South African Whisky at the show
The quaint Klein Karoo hamlet of Calitzdorp, with its verdant farmlands, uniquely rare succulent Karoo veld and majestic Swartberg Mountains as backdrop, has been home to the Nel family of Boplaas since the mid-19th century. Their heritage of distilling dates back to 1880 and their first export of carefully crafted Cape potstill brandy went all the way to London — an arduous journey involving ox-wagons traversing the sparse hinterland to the harbour at Cape Town and voyage across the tempestuous Atlantic Ocean.
Specifications‐ Collapse this Section
- Volume: 750ml
- ABV: 43%
- Colour: New gold
- Aged: 6 years
Features‐ Collapse this Section
- Made In: South Africa
Care Instructions‐ Collapse this Section
- Store in a cool place, out of direct sunlight
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section