Medium Ceramic Outdoor Cooker
Free delivery on this item.
Product Information- Collapse this Section
Based on the design of an ancient cooking oven, called the 'kamado', the Big Green Egg has taken the culinary world by storm. At once a braai, an outdoor oven, a pizza oven, and a smoker, the Big Green Egg is a ceramic revolution. Perfectly sized for smaller families and couples, the Medium Egg accommodates all the most popular accessories, like the Plate Setter and the Pizza Stone, but in a smaller, more versatile package.
- Medium size firebox and cooking grate
- Can accommodate 6 burgers, 3 chickens (vertically), 4 steaks, or 4 racks of ribs (vertically)
- Perfect for couples and smaller families
Note: all accessories should be bought separately, including the Nest Stand.
- The Egg will arrive dissasembled, with an assembly kit
- Set up the larger eggs on a stable surface, where you will be using it. It's heavy, so you won't want to move it around much
- If you are using the Nest, set it up somewhere stable, where it cannot roll about
Specifications- Collapse this Section
- Grid Diameter: 38 cm
- Cooking Area: 1140 cm²
- Weight: 52 kg
Care Instructions- Collapse this Section
- Be very cautious when unloading and setting up the Big Green Egg, as parts are heavy and metal edges can be sharp
- Always cook with the dome closed, so the system can regulate airflow and temperature properly
- Use only natural lump charcoal, not wood or briquettes to fuel the Egg
- Never use lighter fluid, as ceramic is porous and will absorb the odour permanently
- Cook below 177°C for the first few times, to let everything settle properly
- When cooking at high temperatures, remember to vent or 'burp' the Egg before lifting the lid fully. Do this by lifting the lid just a little a few times, to allow a small amount of air in before opening fully, to prevent a big downdraft causing a flare up
- When handling hot metal or ceramics, use heatproof gloves
- Use the ceramic damper to snuff out the fire in the Egg, by depriving it of oxygen. Never use water to put the fire out, as the porous ceramic will absorb it and can crack because of it
- Don't stoke or turn coals once lit, as the firebox is designed to light evenly and clearly
- Maintain the nuts and bolts, ensuring that they are tight enough
- NEVER light or use the Big Green Egg indoors
Warranty Info- Collapse this Section
- Limited lifetime warranty (more details here)
- To ensure that your warranty is valid, register your Big Green Egg with them here
- Five year warranty on metal parts
- Warranties are for private, residential or home use, and not for commercial or business use
- Warranties do not cover dropping or breakage, just manufacturing and technical faults
View similar categories- Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
5.0 out of 5 stars from 1 review
Since getting our Big Green Egg, we've cooked on it almost every day. Quick to fire up, easy to control, cooks like a dream. Braai food is tasty and juicy. Roasts are a dream. Pizzas fantastic. And when you're finished, pop a casserole in to slow cook overnight in the residual heat. Don't know how we ever lived without it.
I would recommend this product to a friend.