Large Ceramic Outdoor Cooker
Free delivery on this item.
Product Information‐ Collapse this Section
Based on the design of an ancient cooking oven, called the 'kamado', the Big Green Egg has taken the culinary world by storm. At once a braai, an outdoor oven, a pizza oven, and a smoker, the Big Green Egg is a ceramic revolution. The Large Egg is the most popular size, favoured by families. You can make plenty of pizza, a couple of roast chickens or 8 steaks, if you so desire.
- Large enough to cook hot and quick or low and slow, depending on your requirements
- Can accommodate a 10kg turkey, 12 burgers, 6 chickens (vertically), 8 steaks, 7 racks of ribs (vertically), or 2 smoking planks (with 2 fish each)
- Great for family and medium sized gatherings
Note: all accessories should be bought separately, including the Nest Stand.
- The Egg will arrive disassembled, with an assembly kit
- Set up the larger eggs on a stable surface, where you will be using it. It's heavy, so you won't want to move it around much
- If you are using the Nest, set it up somewhere stable, where it cannot roll about
Specifications‐ Collapse this Section
- Grid diameter: 46 cm
- Cooking area: 1688 cm²
- Weight: 74 kg
Care Instructions‐ Collapse this Section
- Be very cautious when unloading and setting up the Big Green Egg, as parts are heavy and metal edges can be sharp
- Always cook with the dome closed, so the system can regulate airflow and temperature properly
- Use only natural lump charcoal, not wood or briquettes to fuel the Egg
- Never use lighter fluid, as ceramic is porous and will absorb the odour permanently
- Cook below 177°C for the first few times, to let everything settle properly
- When cooking at high temperatures, remember to vent or 'burp' the Egg before lifting the lid fully. Do this by lifting the lid just a little a few times, to allow a small amount of air in before opening fully, to prevent a big downdraft causing a flare up
- When handling hot metal or ceramics, use heatproof gloves
- Use the ceramic damper to snuff out the fire in the Egg, by depriving it of oxygen. Never use water to put the fire out, as the porous ceramic will absorb it and can crack because of it
- Don't stoke or turn coals once lit, as the firebox is designed to light evenly and clearly
- Maintain the nuts and bolts, ensuring that they are tight enough
- NEVER light or use the Big Green Egg indoors
Warranty Info‐ Collapse this Section
- Limited lifetime warranty (more details here)
- Five year warranty on metal parts
- Warranties are for private, residential or home use, and not for commercial or business use
- Warranties do not cover dropping or breakage, just manufacturing and technical faults
View similar categories‐ Collapse this Section
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Have owned an EGG since 2011 and have been cooking on it at least three times a week if not more. Our family loves pizzas and slow roasts particularly, but it's so versatile you can cook pretty much anything in it!
I would recommend this product to a friend.